Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Follow Tanisha as she makes her WBFF Transformation Debut!

When the party stops....













I started this journey because I knew that I was overweight and needed to start working out and eating right to lose weight. I decided to put the party girl on hold for a bit and started on a consistent workout program doing boot camps along with changing my eating habits and started to see progress and wanted to keep it up. I never knew about fitness competitions. Once I found out about them, it was something that I did not have any interest in doing.  One day, I asked myself what did I need to to push me to get into shape and live a healthy lifestyle and the solution that I came up with was to prepare for a fitness competition.

I have learned a lot on this journey. At one point, I wasn't comfortable using all of the equipment in the gym but this journey forced me to do what I needed to do in the gym which has now made me super comfortable using all the equipment.  I've learned what works for me nutrition wise, what doesn't and how hard I can push myself in the gym.  How and when to listen to my body and when my mind is telling me yes but my BODY is telling me no. The journey has mentally strengthened me.  I have leaned self control on a different level.  This journey has also been a bit hard health wise since I have type 1 diabetes.  Finding that balance with working out so often, having a limited diet and maintaining stable blood sugar levels has run into some challenges.  I've encountered more than enough hypoglycemic episodes trying to maintain the balance. Through the challenges though, I am still here fighting through to the end.  I am happy that this journey is nearing its' end. I look forward to walking the stage this weekend.






1 comment:

  1. Hey I'm Type 1 too and just about to start training for my firsy competition in the UK I'd love to speak to you about how you train/eat for sucess with Type 1 I'm vicky owens on facebook please add me so I can talk to you about it Thank you and good luck!

    ReplyDelete