Thursday, July 28, 2016

Follow Layona's Health and Transformation Journey!

I am a 47 year old registered nurse from Brooklyn.


Four year ago, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, a smoker,  and developed Type II diabetes in which I had to give myself insulin injections twice a day.  After 6 months of this, I decided I needed to take control of my health.  

I found a nutrition class in my neighborhood and started working out at home, but it wasn't enough. I needed to surround myself with people who had already accomplished the weight loss. I began getting active on social media and was inspired by women who have walked in my shoes and gotten fit. Social media is also where I found Malenna Saunders, WBFF Pro Sheri Newton and the Elite Heat ladies.

Spending time with women that were already so beautiful and fit was intimidating at first, but due to the constant encouragement, and checkins from my teammates, I felt like I belonged.  My transformation is a work in progress but to date, I'm a non smoker, no longer taking insulin shots, lost 35lbs with a start of 300lbs, and is still working on getting off the high blood pressure medication.  By working out regularly and keeping a healthy diet, I hope to reach my ultimate goal of competing as a fit model competitor.

With Sheri's help, I feel I will reach my goal. I hope to inspire others to take control of your health. I feel this especially for people in the medical profession, doctors, nurses, etc who should lead by example.  My brother has also been inspired to proceed with his own transformation with Sheri's help.

I would like to thank my family, friends and my Elite Heat sisters for all their encouragement and support!







No comments:

Post a Comment