Wednesday, April 11, 2018

To Prep or not to Prep.


 The Second Time Around...




If you recently got to read my last post on this blog, you have an idea of how much fitness means to me and how much I enjoy challenging myself. Well, the decision for going forward with this prep was no different.

I was very blessed to have gotten second place in my last show, it being my first competition, I know most people would feel beyond happy. It was a little different for me. I was content, but not satisfied. At first I was on the fence about doing this again. I was enjoying my time off for a few weeks, however, the thought of trying harder to do better than last time continued circling in my head and although I had a lot going on in my personal life, I knew I could never forgive myself and I would regret it if I didn’t go for it.

My close friend Tiffany also decided to compete in this show and I felt a sense of weight on my shoulders to be as supportive as I can. I previously told her I would prep with her and I didn’t want to go back on my word. I prepped alone during my last competition and I know how difficult it can be. Doing this prep with Kim and Tiff has made it so much easier in the sense of the fellowship, having the same topic to speak about, group chats to complain, coordinate group workouts, and motivate and support each other.

I thought that because I JUST came out of a prep, I knew what was was ahead so it would be more of a breeze; I was wrong. I had a new set of hurdles to face and instead of being afraid, I decided to take courage and allow myself to grow through these new challenges.

I was facing new challenges in my personal life, at my job and physically with my body fat being more resilient and also being treated for a back injury during this process, but this only became the reason that fueled me to push through and use my faith to move these mountains and continue inspiring anyone to not use the excuse of letting difficult situations be the reason to not go after what you want.

It is scary to think, “what if I get worse than second place” but at the end of this, I can say I am truly satisfied because through this process I have already beat that girl that won second place. I’m mentally and emotionally stronger than I was last time and if my whole process serves as just an ounce of motivation for anyone facing a similar issue, then all this hard work is absolutely valid.

No comments:

Post a Comment