Thursday, April 5, 2018





What I love most about fitness is that you don't compete with anyone else but yourself. You can always be better than you were yesterday. It teaches you patience and consistency and once you start seeing results, you get addicted. You want to get stronger, lift heavier, run faster, jump higher...or whatever your goal might be. Fitness is a way of life. You don’t always feel motivated, but once you push yourself and finish the work out you didn’t feel like doing, you feel accomplished and proud of yourself.



I have been active my whole life, but as I think back, I always did individual sports like dancing or snowboarding. I left my home country of the Czech Republic about 6 years ago, and didn’t really know which way my career would go. I feel like I tried everything. Then I found a book I purchased years ago when I was playing with the ideaof becoming a fitness trainer. I finally studied the book, passed the test and became certified. I quit my job and became a trainer for a local gym. When I look back, I see the huge growth I had been through as a trainer. I love my job. I love being independent and being my own boss. I love leading by example, educating my clients on a healthier lifestyle and helping them reach their goals. I used to work for David Barton Gym on the upper east side. After they shut their doors down, I started to work independently. I have a beautiful relationship with all of my clients and I love to hear their positive feedback and be part of the reason they feel healthier and stronger.


I decided to compete a couple years ago but felt it was not the right time, until January of this year. I knew the time was right and it’s either now or never. I jumped on and through some ups and downs I have loved the journey over all. It’s not easy but it is not impossible. I wanted to move higher as a trainer, get more experience, learn new stuff and also see, where I can take my body. So many times I felt like I am working against nature, gravity and common sense (lol) but it was worth it and I have learned so much on a physical and mental level. I decided to do my first show in Los Angeles as I felt like I can stay more motivated and I have been looking for any reason to go to LA to hug the palm trees! :) My big day is Saturday, April 7th!

Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment