Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Elite Heat Spotlight: Nicky G.




"To me, fitness is living a healthy long life with my family. It's means my daughter being proud of me when I can keep up with her physically.   It means keeping my asthma in check.   I've always had an interest in fitness in general, but was truly inspired by my other half and his constant dedication to his body and healthy lifestyle.  Most women like looking good, and so do I.  But I want to take it to the next level.  I love weights,  I love the feel of the steel, and I love the challenge it presents for each new workout.  There is a myth that women shouldn't lift heavy, or that by lifting heavy they'll lose their femininity.  But I plan to be the canvas that proves them wrong.  I am currently trapped in the corporate environment but the more I engulf myself into the fitness world, the more I realize that I may have another calling.  In my perfect world, I would  be able to train like minded clients that share the same long term goals that I do.  Who knows where my first competition will take me, but wherever it is, I'm sure it will be and adventure, and you know what?  I'm ready for that adventure.  To Malenna, thank you for being a constant with me on this fitness roller coaster.  You've shown tremendous strength and have truly become an inspiration to me."

...

Nicky will be competing in the July show.  Good luck, Nicky!

No comments:

Post a Comment