Sunday, August 19, 2012

Elite Heat Spotlight : Courtney



I remember being a kid and running track competitions every weekend.  My dad would speed walk (practically run) my sister and I about 1.5 miles to the location.  We would run a few races, then speed walk home.  I suppose I attribute his inability to walk like a normal human being to really sparking my passion for fitness.  So, in the many moons since my track days, I began trying new, interesting things...always up for a challenge and a change of pace. For me, fitness has always been about strength and health.  An insane body is a welcomed perk, but has never been my focus.  I joined the Heat after practically harassing Malenna about it for a couple of weeks. It was intimidating and I was drawn into the challenge. I expected to be pushed, and possibly more than that.  I was attracted to the commitment you are forced to make to YOURSELF. This phenomenal group of super women have been able to beautifully balance the blend of individual and team efforts.  It's been just a few weeks and I feel supported and motivated like never before!!  Life is all about pushing through, growing and evolving.  When my body is happy, I am strong in mind and spirit...and I am absolutely convinced I can take on the world!!! Maybe even Mars!

No comments:

Post a Comment