Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Follow Kiya as she makes her WBFF Diva Bikini DEBUT!!!



Throughout my adolescence, I was always active in extra-curricular activities such as sports, theatre, and dance, to name a few. As I became an adult, I wanted to 'be healthy' so I joined a gym near my job and started taking classes, as I didn't want to be that person attempting to use the free weights.  I made sure I got a weight class or two in during the week and not just cardio dance classes.  My weight would fluctuate between 5-10 pounds at any given time and getting to my 'dream weight' always seemed so far away.
I found out about The Elite Heat through my boyfriend's cousin, Daphne. She had recently competed in Fitness Atlantic (2014) and her body looked amazing.  I thought to myself "Wow, she looks great. I need to get my body like that."  A few months passed an she posted about having an informational workshop in July for people interested in competing.  At the time, I thought there would be a slight possibility I may go on stage, but I wanted to see what the Elite Heat was all about.

I subsequently attended the formal workshop with the other potential competitors and current Elite Heat members.  I got a more in depth perspective on the world of bodybuilding.  I still wasn't 100% sure about competing, but it increased my interest even more.  The next weekend was the WBFF NYC show in Manhattan, so I talked my friend into going with me and we attended the preliminary morning show.  There were 5 women from the Elite Heat competing in the show, and I needed to see for myself what competing was all about.  Once I saw the show, I was sold on what my next step would be..competing in my first fitness show! I didn't know much about the show, but I knew the federation was for me.  The glitz, glam and pageantry of the WBFF had me sold!

During and after the show, I saw the comraderie of the Elite Heat team and thought that was something I wanted to be a part of. I officially started my preparatin and training in August and it was definitely a shock to my system because of all the foods I couldn't eat and getting used to my new workout regiment.  However, I stuck with it, and completed a 24 day cleanse and I lost 7lbs.  I was losing weight, however, I cannot continue to eal all the foods I like forever. I slowly re-introduced those foods in to my system in hopes of a happy medium.








Speed up to three months and Thanksgiving, and I partook in my last 'unhealthy' meal knowing that the following week, I would officially begin my competition diet and workout plan for my competition in April.  Being 18 weeks out seemed so far away, and I was down a total of 12 lbs since I had started. Looking at pictures of some of my Elite Heat members, I was still in disbelief about how I would become show ready with a toned body in only 5 months.  My family thought I was crazy for doing a competition .  I started to to see my body change, and wanted to continue my journey.  Now I stand 30 lbs lighter, and I feel the best about myself in a very long time.  With 4 days left until my first competition, I cannot wait to make my debut at FITNESS ATLANTIC on April 11th!!!





Go April Inferno!!

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY AMAZING KIYA! You stuck it out and Im really proud of you! The transformation is astounding! I know I couldn't have done it but you did! Seriously keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete