Sunday, September 9, 2012

Elite Heat Spotlight: Fiamma




I have been struggling with my weight and body image for a few years now, going through countless exercise and diet fads, and getting little to no results.  In January of this year, my best friend Ashley joined the Elite Heat, and over the next few months I witnessed as she underwent a complete body transformation.  But it wasn't only her body that changed.  It was her entire demeanor.  She slowly became more and more self confident, and the change was very inspiring to me.  I have never considered myself to be self confident, especially not where my body is involved, and seeing my best friend make such big strides in her own body image left me wanting the same.  When she decided to recommend me for the team, I was excited and terrified: having never been particularly athletic or strong, I feared being left in the team's collective dust.  Regardless, I felt that I owed it to myself to at least try.  Feeling so defeated by all of my previous attempts, I pretty much viewed joining the team as a last ditch effort to look in the mirror and feel good about myself.  Since joining the team, I have started to feel stronger and healthier.  My favorite part of the experience, and what I wasn't expecting, is the support and encouragement the ladies on the team give each other.  It feels great to know that we are all in this together and cheering each other on.  I feel like this last ditch effort might actually be the one that sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment