Sunday, September 2, 2012

Elite Heat Spotlight: Ernie




After I graduated from law school, I found myself feeling overwhelmed, exhausted, and my self-esteem was shot to hell.  I was also newly engaged and attempting to plan a huge wedding in another country that I had only traveled to once before! So, I convinced my friend Dorothy, who was also getting married that year, to try this boot camp I saw on Groupon. I have not looked back since...

I have taken many of the classes offered by Phoenyx Fitness, and worked with many of the instructors, and the truth is, everyone has their own way to help you get in shape and build your confidence.  I think I have always gravitated towards Malenna's classes because she was my original instructor and helped build my self-esteem through prioritizing myself and my health at a time when I felt negative about everything.  So, when I heard that she had some members of our kettlebell class doing a secret program, I just jumped into their conversations and allowed Dorothy to harass her until she would let us join.

At first, I was just joining to spend more time with Malenna, my friends Dorothy and Aleida, and the other friends I made in kettlebell class.  But after travelling to see Malenna at fitness competition and seeing how lean and svelte everyone that had already started the program looked, my excitement grew and I really challenged myself to put in the time and effort to be successful.

Through Elite Heat, I have learned a lot about nutrition, and overall health and have been able to inspire my parents and co-workers to make positive lifestyle changes I think that's what I like the most. The hardest part? Making it to the gym, of course. But when you have a strong support team that focuses on motivation and not judgement or shame, you feel inspired to go to the gym and give it your all for yourself and them.

Winner, winner chicken dinner (breast meat only, no skin, trimmed of fat, grilled and served with a a1/4 C of quinoa, cooked!!NOT dry!)  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment