Monday, March 25, 2013

Elite Heat Spotlight : Marina




Hi! My name is Marina Rymar and I'm on my journey to become a fitness competitor. I have never been into sports (I played piano through the school years instead) but I climbed all the fences and trees in the neighborhood and enjoyed beating all the boys in bike rides and soccer games...

After moving to the USA from Russia I found myself a little bit chubbier than I would like to see myself in the mirror. My weight loss process started with serious research about foods and diets. I succeeded. More than that - nutrition became my passion and profession. I'm on my senior year of a clinical nutrition program at a university and I love it.

To be slim was not enough for me so I went for more - gym, weights, clean eating, supplements opened up a new page of my life. Kickboxing is also a big part of my life especially since i was asked to teach classes at the place i was working out myself. It is just amazing to feel the strength of your body and be able to push through the pain and see all those changes in your own body! So one day I decided to see what competitions are about and went to a workshop and ended up finding amazing ladies with the same passions. They do not know yet how much i have learned from them ;)

I decided to do the things I love now instead of waiting for that perfect time and place which will never happen. And I noticed that other stuff we all "don't like but have to do" got better and I look at it from a different perspective. 

I'm on my journey to become a competitor. And I want to thank Elite Heat Team Ladies for giving that missing piece of the whole puzzle. Now I'm doing what I love and it's an amazing feeling. I will shine for you on that stage on April 13!

No comments:

Post a Comment