Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Cary - WBFF Diva Bikini Competitor

Leading by example....


WBFF New England 2013

Why am I competing again? And why this show ?


To be honest, it was a struggle to commit to it at the beginning.  I kept questioning whether I was ready or not. I questioned more the MENTAL aspect than the physical. Then, I wondered, once my mind caught up, will my body be stage ready on time? Blood , sweat, tears , discipline and hard work all go into competing. I wasn't so worried about giving up my guilty pleasures such as peanut butter , chocolate , wine and social gatherings with friends and family (well perhaps a little), It was more about failure.





Failure of starting something and not finishing it all the way through. I then decided that the not knowing is what probably would be worse.  As a teacher I lecture my students all the time about having to work hard to achieve their goals and to not think of how long it would take them because the time will go by anyway. So, here I go. I hope I can be a good role model and set an example to others to crush their goals either way regardless of their starting point or how long it will take them. We just have to be willing to put in the work.


I also can't imagine a better place to walk on stage than in Times Square NYC. I'm a Brooklyn born and raised girl and I'm proud to represent my home town.


No comments:

Post a Comment