Thursday, July 24, 2014

Laura - WBFF Diva Bikini Competitor



   







After stepping on stage for the first time this past spring, I knew that I wanted to do it again! It's an incredible feeling being on that stage. Months of sweat, pain and tears all building up to that moment where no matter what happened or how you placed, you felt victorious. Victorious,  because you knew only a select few had the courage and discipline to do what you had just accomplished.  
     

Placing top  5 in my first show was a total shock for me. Initially, I wasn't even expecting to place. I simply wanted to do something I'd never had the backbone to do before.  I had a new outlook on life. I was determined because I knew that after this metamorphosis, anything was possible. From then on I saw opportunity in every obstacle.
     

After an overwhelming response from those I inspired with my transformation, I understood that my journey was about so much more than just losing weight. No one is perfect and it is for this reason that I will always be a work in progress. My journey now is to keep inspiring and giving hope to those who like me had no direction and felt lost in their struggle to succeed.
        

Although my show preparation is similar to my last, I was presented with new mental and physical feats. Right after the show, I literally could not stop eating! Don't get me wrong I was still training and making healthier choices. Yet, I was so happy to not have to log my meals and finally be able to have some forbidden carbs! I was happy that I finally got a chance to get away with my love and just relax. I stayed active while I was away but came back tired and sluggish.  
          

Mentally, I was not ready. I was not ready to give up my quest bars and my rice and beans. I was not ready to put my body through endless hours of cardio and lifting. However, I also wasn't ready to undo all I've worked for and give up on my goals. Six pounds and a few stomachaches later I got over it and I began to put in the work. 
     

 I began to reflect on my life and how unhappy I was before this new lifestyle. I thought of how incredibly supportive my boyfriend, friends, and family were and still are. I thought of all the people that look up to me. Then I thought, a year ago I would've never even dreamed that I'd be where I am today.  
        

Life is about finding that balance. Life is what YOU make of it, not what it makes of you. I understood that it didn't matter how far I had to go. What mattered was how far I had come. Right there and then I knew this is who I was and wanted to be. What I've learned and who I've become is my prize. 
     

The hardships that we encounter may break or make you. Yet, whatever happens we must get up, learn from it, and move forward. Not wanting to regress is what motivates me everyday. To be better than I was before and the best ME I can be  +today; that is my goal.  Hardwork pays off and I'm so ready to hit that WBFF stage one more time!! I can't wait to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment