Friday, July 25, 2014

Follow Mary as she makes her WBFF Diva Bikini Debut!!

A 'Classic' ...





Mary's first show
In the last year since my debut on the fitness competition stage, I have continued to dedicate my time to improving my physique.  The experience a year ago was so exciting, that doing it again was absolutely a must for me.
Mary and her daughter Ayana
Competition preparation does come with its' challenges and at times, I've questioned why I am doing it.  The doubts usually come right around the time I wish I could have pizza and a glass of wine.  It's those momentary lapses that make me more committed to my goal, overcoming those hills and valleys are what count.  It's not just that moment on stage that does it for me, although it's pretty awesome.  It's the fact that I have worked so hard on my physique and presentation to be able to grace the stage with so many others that have done the same.  The sacrifices that come with being a part of the fitness competition world like dietary changes, limited social life, hours in the gym, muscle soreness, and those
occasional mood changes, are the things that give me that proud feeling. The whole process doesn't sound pretty, but you get to showcase all that hard work in front of an audience of strangers, family, friends, and of course, the judges.  I count my blessings every day. The average woman my age (40+) is not putting her body through such rigors.





The reality is that more women my age are just getting into fitness to help alleviate or reverse some lifestyle related issue.  I made a decision a long time ago not to be a part of that statistic. Instead, I would rather be am inspiration or motivation to others.  "If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem" So, as I prepare for my second show, I welcome all the challenges and I am grateful for all the support from my family, Coach Malenna and my team, the Elite Heat.


Come July 26th, I am gonna bring it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment