Friday, November 8, 2013

Follow Sarah Koste as she makes her FIGURE debut with WBFF

Saving the best for last.....


Sarah is not new to the stage, fitness or competition. Having been an athlete all of her life, being a personal trainer herself and competed in 3 shows to date, one of which placing first in figure, she is what most would consider a seasoned athlete. Sarah shares here her story.....

I have a passion for training my clients and getting them to where they need to be, but realized I wanted more for myself about 14 months ago. I took my training to another level and last year September 4th 2012 I decided I was going to compete in a fitness show and fulfill my goals of stepping on stage as a figure competitor.


As a fitness competitor, there are many challenges that come into your life while preparing for a show. Competing can sometimes feel like it takes over your life-because it does! You have to be mentally tough and I have learned a lot about myself and how I deal with life in general. I have changed for the better, physically and mentally.















A few months into my training, I was having a tough time with some changes that were going on with my body. I had lost a lot of body fat and my chest had disappeared. I was very self conscious about this and I despised chest workouts. I was training with a male trainer that I feel didn't 'get me'. I met a few girls on my team soon after I left this trainer and I haven't looked back since. Within a few weeks, I was on the team, had different goals set out for myself and was ready to work! 

I want to thank everyone I have in my life that supports my fitness goals and my journey. My family, my friends, my coach, and my teammates. My nickname during my last week before each show is 'crazy'. Competing is hard to understand unless you put yourself through the process. I love everything about competing and I am excited for my next show. 




I can look back in this last year and be very proud of myself. Consistency is key. Discipline is key. Goals were set and I got to work. I am part of an amazing team and support system- we are The Elite Heat and we will be burning up your stage!


Eat, sleep, train. Never skip a workout. Become your dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment