Monday, July 6, 2015

Follow Jennifer as she makes her WBFF Diva Fitness Model Debut!!!

The world is my stage..... 





My fitness journey has been just that - a journey.  A journey filled with self doubt and fear.  I've been struggling to lose weight my entire adult life.  I'm a confident girl, but I've never been able to look in the mirror and feel confident about my body.  I would look at the other girls and friends and think , " I wish I had that small waist or tight stomach", but in truth wouldn't stick to a diet long enough to have it. I am an aspiring actress and at the end of the day, the last thought I want to have when I don't book a role is ' Is it because of the way I look?'  My weight has fluctuated over the years but never to a point where I felt like it was my best.  This is where I had it wrong.  I needed to worry less about my weight and more about my lifestyle.  I had to ask myself what does it take to have the body I want.  Well, for starters it takes a lifestyle, not a quick fix diet that will put me back in the same position once it was over.  In the past, I've had personal trainer, worked out 5-6 days a week but I learned all that was useless unless I decided to change the way I eat.


2013 I decided to give it another go.  I was looking for a personal trainer in which I could feel comfortable with and who would motivate me to push myself.   I met Malenna Jan 2013, and shortly learned that she was just what I needed and more.  Although, she had been consistent in doing her part, I was not.  I still wasn't giving it 100 percent.  IT'S HARD. VERY HARD. Food makes me happy.  I needed something sweet everyday to fulfill my cravings.  I started slowly winging myself off tings such as pastas, breads, and alcohol.  After about 6 months of training with her, she started telling me more about her team and about competing.  I wasn't really listening because I didn't think someone like me had the will power to get onstage to compete in a fitness competition.  I didn't think I could be determined enough to say not to my cocktails, bagels, cakes, cookies, and so forth.  Actually, I didn't want to. But how could I get the body I wanted if I wasn't willing to make sacrifices? Well I couldn't.  I would ask her questions and even started searching online for what it took to compete but I stayed quiet for so long about it because i as afraid of saying it out loud. Me compete?  Yeah right.

About 3 months ago, I still wasn't making the progress I wanted to make so I told Malenna that I thought I wanted to compete.  Without hesitation, she said, " Okay. I know you can do it"  She has had so much confidence in me from the beginning and it's because of her confidence and faith in me, that I am doing this. I knew at the end of the day, if I set a goal to compete in a fitness competition, that I would do my absolute hardest because I didn't want to be the 'big girl' onstage next to all the other sexy athletes.

Here I am eleven weeks later and I have to honestly admit that it's been probably the hardest experience of my life.  I struggled the entire time and my biggest one was saying no to sweets.  Sugar is really addictive.  Yes, I failed at time. No I didn't devour cakes and cookies like I used to. The most important thing is I really gave it all I got.  This has definitely been a learning experience.  Do I have the body I always imagined?  No, I don't but I do have the best body I have ever had in my life. I am still earning and struggling.  This isn't the end for me.  In fact, I wanted to compete to make a new beginning for myself.  I wanted to learn self control and discipline so that I could input that in other ares of my life as well.  If I want the body of my dreams. I have to control what I put into it - bottom line.  I've lost more than 20 pounds, and will continue to get better from here.  After this show is over, I will take time to reflect on my mistakes and work hard to get better.  This isnt' over and I'm looking forward to living a git and healthy lifestyle.


No comments:

Post a Comment