Thursday, July 9, 2015

WBFF Diva Bikini Competitor Kiya!!

Better than Before


The date of the WBFF NYC show is a benchmark for me in many ways.  Not only is it my second show with WBFF but July 11th, 2014 marked the last day at a company I loved and believed I would build a long career.  At that time, I was devastated that a decision had been made for me about my career and its' future.  I thought what would be next after taking a risk and trying something new.  I accepted my fate, even though I thought I didn't have a plan on my next steps.



I refocused my energy on myself and set out on a mission of self discovery, happiness, and balance.  I figured I couldn't fail if I took a risk on myself at the end of this journey. I leaped off the edge and found myself stronger, more confident and able to tackle any obstacle in front of me.  A year of self discovery, hard work, and perseverance has gotten me where I am today. It's not easy being judged on anything you do.  I know from my experiences, that if you put the work into yourself, no one can ever take that away from you.  I am here and in less than 2 days, I will hopefully take home a win not only for me but for my team, the Elite Heat.  With each challenge over the last year, I've grown exponentially, more than I could have ever imagined.  It's time to celebrate!! Nothing will stop me now.


No comments:

Post a Comment