Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Follow Sabrina as she makes her WBFF Diva Bikini Debut!!

The grass is not always greener...







For me, the journey to stepping on stage has been emotionally trans formative as it has been physically.

Growing up I was criticized constantly for being too skinny.  People would make comments about it relentlessly - "Ugh, you're SO skinny", "Go eat a cheeseburger","Easy for you to say, you're skinny!"  As many comments as the people made about wanting to be skinny, I began hating myself for it, and became extremely self -conscious of how long and lean I was.






Everyone is met with obstacles in life, and I was faced with a few that really knocked me down and kept me down for a while.  But after each one I pressed forward stronger and learned to grow from each challenge I was faced with. The problem was that as much as I had accomplished and as much adversity as I had overcome, inside I still felt like that skinny self- conscious little girl I had always been.  I couldn't shake her.  

For me, there is something that translates from physical strength into being able to feel confident in all other areas of your life. The first time I stepped into the weight room at the gym, I had not idea what I was doing. I just anted to get in shape for summer.  What it turned into was something so much greater than I had ever imagined.  The more work I put in at the gym to becoming physically stronger, the more my emotional strength befitted. 

After a while, I started asking myself "what next" - I loved the changes I was seeing in my mind and body and loved that every day I was becoming a better version of myself than the day before.  With that in mind, I decided I wanted to start competing and joined the Elite Heat to surround myself with like minded women searching for the same things I was.

One thing I know for sure is that this competition is not the end of my journey; it's the very beginning. When you are on a mission to be the very best you can be, there's no tellin where your drive will take you.


No comments:

Post a Comment