Thursday, April 11, 2019

Follow Michelle as she makes her WBFF DIVA BIKINI debut!!


More Than a Conqueror




I’d been working out with my amazing coach Malenna on different programs for about 3 years, but was never consistent in my journey. I would be good for 2-3 months, then somehow backslide into my old habits of not taking care of my body.  Plain and simple,  I was putting bad foods into my body.  One of my fellow workout partners Kim Ashley challenged me to do a show. At the time I felt I wasn’t ready.  I had a million of excuses why I thought I wasn’t ready:  it was too much of a commitment, I needed to be disciplined, how would I ever give up my Sunday brunches, happy hours during the week, and my love of wine and cheese?  As time went on, I realized that all of the hard work I put in over the years from working with Malenna went to waste. I realized I slowly put all the weight , plus more that I already lost,  back on.  At my breaking point, I finally got sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I decided it was time to invest in me and take care of me.  I’ve definitely learned a lot about myself through this process.  

Yes, this prep has been super challenging, and there are some days I want to give up, but somehow I am able to overcome.  Seeing the changes in my body has been great, but more importantly is how amazing I feel.  The lessons I’ve learned along the way are invaluable, they  have translated into my professional life, my personal relationships, and how I view the world.  I’ve learned that we all are much stronger than we give ourselves credit for, and we should never just settle.  I’ve met a lot of beautiful ladies on this journey who will be friends for life. I hope my story inspires you to believe you are worth investing in YOU! It’s all about balance. Trust me if I can do this, so can you. This is a lifestyle!   





No comments:

Post a Comment