Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Follow Natasha as she makes her WBFF DIVA BIKINI debut!!


The Bucket List....








In March 2016, I attended carnival in Trinidad. That was the first time I didn’t want to take a full length picture of myself because I was not pleased with how my body looked.  Now 2016 was also the year in which I was turning 40. I had set out in my mind that I was going to compose a list of 40 things to accomplish in 2016 to celebrate this milestone birthday.  One of those things was getting fit and being healthy. A dear friend took me to one of Malenna’s interest meetings and instantly I knew I wanted to get fit and healthy with her assistance.  One thing she did say was ‘I’m going to get you to compete.” My response was “Whatever.  I’m just here to get fit & healthy.”  Over the next few years it was a struggle and I found my weight & my drive to continue my journey waxed & waned.



Last April, I attended the Fitness Atlantic show and I sat in that audience looking at all those contestants on stage.   I turned to my friend & said ‘I’m competing next year.’  I ran up to Malenna and told her the news.  She put me on her calendar and the rest is history!!!!  This has been no easy journey but getting closer to the finish line, I can say it has been worth it!  The things that I will carry through beyond this journey are the importance of self-care and discipline.  I have put in the work, blood, lots of sweat and oh yes some tears so Fitness Atlantic here I come!!!

5 comments: