Monday, April 8, 2019

Follow Roz as she makes her WBFF TRANSFORMATION debut!!

I Want to Live..Giving up is not an Option.



My name is Rosalind E.Tillery. I was born in U.S. Naval Hospital in Queens NY. I was raised in Brooklyn, NY and within Petersburg, VA.   
I am one of 4 siblings the only girl with 3 brothers. Both of my parents are deceased.   My mother died in my arms and was my true inspiration. 

In 2014,  I was approached by a co-worker and friend about  Phoenyxfitness.  This is where I met my coach and trainer, Malenna. My good friend noticed my disposition after the loss of my mother and got me off the couch.  I began working out 2x’s a week with PhoenyxFitness and taking Zumba classes. During the winter I kept getting sick & having knee issues especially going up the train station stairs. I stopped working out. I frequently stayed in contact with Malenna. 
I gained a lot of weight because I wasn't eating right, or taking care of myself. My conditions persisted and my blood pressure escalated.   

On 1/2/2015 I retired after 40 yrs of service  with the  Federal Government.  I finally decided to get complete control over my life.  I joined Y-Fit at the YMCA , Coach by Mr. D.A. & Zero Hour X trainer Mr. E.T working out 6-7 days a week. I realized I needed more of a physical challenge. 


One day while watching television I saw Ernestine Shepherd, a professional bodybuilder that is 83 years old.  She became my inspiration. 

Late 2017, I attended a PhoenyxFitness meeting. The discussion was about competing in the WBFF Fitness Show.  The doubt immediately set in. I am too old. I cannot compete against the younger ladies. What about the elasticity of my skin. Will I be able to transform. 

No matter the circumstances or obstacles I may have or face in my everyday living,  I must learn and understand what it means to attack and focus.   It  begins with a healthy mind and healthy body. 
I also realized I want to live and age gracefully. 

I decided to take the challenge. I was inspired to change my fitness profile and life which consisting of intense weight training, intense cardio, nutrition and food  preparation. I registered for The WBFF Fitness show being held on Saturday, 4/13/19 Transformation Division at the Mohegan Sun with Fitness Atlantic.  

This is the 2nd best decision I made in my life. The first one was giving birth to  a now adult young man who also helped train me along this journey.

The grind is real. I began training diligently.   It took me a while to master the food prep and discipline. During my process I have to pray and tell myself you are stronger than you think. Have I cried? Yes. Have I vented Yes? Have I ever wanted to throw in the towel?  Yes. 
I will admit there’s nothing like having a support system. A coach, a trainer, a mentor, your team members etc . I appreciate the listening ear and positive advice.  

Presently,  I am 95% mindful of  what I put into my body. Why I am not 100% is because I am not perfect. 

Since 1/2018 to the present I have lost 26lbs. I have lost inches.  I feel better inside and out.  I still have a long way to go such as toning. I have a life style change for the better. I hope and pray that my bio gives whoever reads it courage. 

Take the challenge. Take charge of your life.  Love yourself, Exercise, Develop positive thinking, Focus on your goals, Eliminate non essentials, seek support & nutrition. 

My motto: “I want to live”  I told my doctors I only want to see you for my annual exams.   By the way, I thank God Blood pressure is now stable under medication, and knees issues - I can climb stairs in train station, and use Stair-master & Treadmill. 

Finally, I am dedicated, and disciplined to embrace a new fitness life style. 
Overall goals to enhance my appearance and strive to be prepared for potential opportunities in T.V. Movies, and Multimedia, and  Fashion Style Athletic Apparels. 
Giving up is not an option - Water is now my best friendπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2 comments:

  1. There are no words to express my joy for your accomplishments. I pray only God's best blessings over every area of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cuz Brenda wrote the above comment. Not sure why it came up as unknown.😍

      Delete